When starting to learn Polish, it is worth remembering that only systematic and combined work on various aspects will give us the desired effect. Writing texts allows you to learn from your own mistakes and also helps the teacher identify things that the you struggle with. Additionally you need a Polish keyboard to be able to do the tasks on our website.
Nowadays, the phone or computer is an indispensable factor in our communication or work. We can’t imagine everyday life without these devices, so when learning languages, it’s a good idea to support ourselves with them as well. In this blog we will show you how to install a Polish keyboard easily and quickly on your laptop or phone (and various operating systems).
Using a Windows computer, you will easily and quickly add Polish to the list of languages in which you can type. All you need to do is follow the following steps:
- Select the Start > Settings > Time & language > Language & region.
- Select the language that has the keyboard you want, then select Options.
- Select Add a keyboard and choose the keyboard you want to add. If you don’t see the keyboard you want, you may have to add a new language to get additional options. If this is the case, go on to step 4.
- Return to the Language settings page, go to Preferred languages, then select Add a language.
- Choose the language you want to use from the list, then select Next.
- Review any language features you want to set up or install, and select Install.
You can also use the support at https://support.microsoft.com
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Keyboard in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
- Go to Text Input on the right, then click Edit.
- Click the Add button, then search for a language (such as Chinese, Simplified). Select one or more input sources for each language you want to use.
- Click Add.
- To begin writing in another language, select the language you want to use in the Input menu in the menu bar. Click Show Keyboard Viewer to see the keyboard layout of the language you have currently selected.
After you add an input source, the option to show the Input menu in the menu bar is automatically selected. The Input menu lets you quickly switch input sources as needed.
Keyboard layout on computer
You have to use the right Alt (on Windows) or right Option (on Mac) to type a Polish character. It’s is simple. Press the right Alt (right Option) and keep it down and then press a Polish character that is the “base”, then release both. For example to type ć, press right Alt (right Option) & c, to type ś, press right Alt (right Option) & s etc. For Ń, press right Alt (right Option) & Shift & n. By convention, using z in this way produces ż, press right Alt (right Option) & x to type ź. (x is the only exception to the “base” rule).
Here the change is very simple just follow the following instructions:
On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app.
- Tap System. Languages & input.
- Under “Keyboards”, tap Virtual keyboard.
- Tap Gboard. Languages.
- Pick a language.
- Turn on the layout you want to use.
- Tap Done.
Using your iPhone, you can change the keyboard by following the following instructions:
Go to Settings and tap General > Keyboard > Keyboards. Tap on Language at the top of the screen, then choose an alternative layout from the list.
You can also use the website of the producer: https://support.apple.com/
Thank you for checking out our blog. We are doing this to assist you in learning the Polish language. If you have any questions you can contact us by writing to our email address or by writing a comment at the bottom