Dear Customer and User!
- Whenever we use the term Service in this Policy we mean the web service available at: https://www.lingve.eu/courses.
Data Protection Laws
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (Text with EEA relevance) – otherwise known as “GDPR” (applicable as of 25.05.2018 together with new national legislation).
Who is the data administrator?
The administrator of your data is Lingve de Szabolcs Szilva, ul. Rabsztyńska 1/11, 01-140 Warszawa NIP (tax number): EU5252543429. In all matters related to your personal data, you can contact us at e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principles of processing your personal data
In processing your personal data, we attach importance to ensuring that your data is processed in a safe, reliable, lawful and transparent manner for you. Below are the most important principles we follow:
- We collect personal data only to the minimum extent necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they are collected.
- The purposes of collecting Users’ personal data are clearly defined, based on the law – we do not process data in a manner incompatible with these purposes.
- We take care of the timeliness and accuracy of Users’ personal data and respond promptly to any requests to which data subjects are entitled.
- We protect Users’ personal data from loss, unauthorized access, accidental loss or alteration, and other unlawful forms of processing.
- If personal data is shared with other entities, it is done in a secure, contractually secured manner and in accordance with applicable laws.
Rights of Customers and Users in connection with the processing of personal data
LINGVE realizes the rights of customers, users in connection with the processing of their personal data. These rights arise from the applicable laws on personal data, in particular the GDPR (Articles 16-21). The customer / user has:
- The right to access their data: you have the right to receive confirmation from us as to whether your personal data is being processed by us and how.
- The right to rectify outdated or inaccurate personal data, as well as the right to have it completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to object to the processing of their personal data. If you object, we will have to stop processing your data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which objectively should override your inconvenience or involve defending our claims (e.g., in legal proceedings).
- The right to erasure of personal data (“the right to be forgotten”) consists, in principle, of requesting the administrator to immediately delete personal data concerning you.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to receive a copy of the personal data you have provided to us if the processing is based on your consent or under contract, and by automated means.
- The right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority – the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
You can send any requests regarding the processing of your personal data, including your rights, by email to email@example.com. Your requests will be fulfilled without undue delay, but no later than one month after its receipt. This period may be extended due to the complexity of the request or the number of requests, for another two months, of which you will be informed.
On what basis we process your data
We process any data we collect in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected and on the basis of the relevant legal regulations. The basis authorizing us to process your personal data may be:
- Provision of training services;
- Your consent;
- Your request for an offer;
- Legal obligation;
- Legally legitimate interest pursued by us or by a third party.
How and from where we collect personal data
The use of our services or the Service may involve the transfer of your personal data to us. We obtain this data from the following sources:
- Data collected for the purpose of providing certain services to you (e.g.: course, translation).
- Data collected when you contact us via forms available on the Site.
- Data collected by automated means. During your visit to our Site, we also collect data contained in system logs and use them primarily for technical purposes related to the administration of our servers and for analytical purposes. The statistics kept allow us primarily to analyze the use of the functionalities provided by our Service. The system logs collect information about IP addresses (the number of the network interface), however, this data does not allow us to uniquely identify the user (indicating a specific individual using a computer or other device connected to the Internet).
- Other sources of data. When you contact us to perform various activities or obtain information by phone or email then in some cases we record your email address, phone number, first name, last name, company name. We will process the aforementioned data in order to carry out the activities you request or to provide you with the information you request – whichever is the case.
- If you “like” our profile on a social network or use our services via Skype messenger then we will process your identification data (first name, last name or nickname of your choice) and image in the form of your current profile picture.
To whom we will share your personal information
In some situations we will share your personal data with third parties. Recipients of your data are:
- Our authorized employees and associates (e.g.: teachers), to whom, your personal data will be disclosed so that they can perform their duties;
- Entities to whom we outsource personal data processing services (processors), these will be, for example, accounting and analytical service providers, IT service companies, hosting companies (Website, email);
- Public authorities, including the Police, law enforcement agencies, in connection with their investigations.
Security of personal data processing
LINGVE takes technical and organizational measures to protect personal data from unlawful or unauthorized access or use, as well as from accidental destruction, loss or impairment of its integrity.
As part of ensuring the security of the personal data we process, we undertake to take into account:
- confidentiality – we will protect the data from accidental disclosure to third parties,
- integrity – we will protect the data from unauthorized modification,
- accessibility – we will ensure that authorized persons have access to your data if necessary.
Your personal data may be processed by third parties only if such entity undertakes to provide appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of personal data processing, as well as to maintain the confidentiality of such data. We have active personal data processing entrustment agreements with all subcontractors processing the entrusted data.
Period of storage of personal data
The period is linked to the purposes and grounds for processing. If in connection with the use of our services:
- You purchase goods or services from us for a fee, then we will process your data disclosed on the invoice for a period of 6 years due to tax laws.
- For the rest, with the exception of data from cookies, we will process your data until you revoke your consent or object, but for no longer than 6 years after your last activity. Information resulting from cookies will be stored in the browser of your end device for up to 2 years. You can also delete them yourself at any time using your browser settings. After the indicated time periods, your personal data will be deleted or anonymized.
- Otherwise, with the exception of data from cookies, we will process your data until you revoke your consent or object, but for no longer than 6 years after your last activity. Information resulting from cookies will be stored in the browser of your end device for up to 2 years. You can also delete them yourself at any time using your browser settings. After the indicated time periods, your personal data will be deleted or anonymized.
In special cases, the aforementioned data retention periods may be extended based on applicable laws.
We do not use profiling.
Cookies are short pieces of information that our Service or the third-party tools we use store on your computer in the form of text files.
- For analytical purposes. This information allows us, for example, to improve the services we offer, to make decisions about the development of our offer and to choose the optimal form of advertising. Cookies are used for the purpose of generating statistics of the site’s viewership in the Google Analytics tool.
- To provide a certain functionality of the Website. For example:
- We save your preference for the selected language of our site
List of Cookies used:
When you visit our Site for the first time, we inform you in a special information bar that using the Site without changing your browser’s cookie settings. It means that cookies will be placed on your terminal device.
Cookies used by our Service will be stored in the browser of the end user’s device for up to 1 year.
Third Party Cookies.
We do not use third party Cookies.
Disable Cookies on your computer.
As a user, you can delete and manage cookies yourself at any time using your browser settings. Please refer to the information available on the website of the provider of the web browser you are using. Here are the most popular ones: Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Safari (iOS), Android.
Lingve reserves the right to make changes to this policy, which may be due to the need to adapt to changes in legislation or applicable privacy standards, or to expand our offerings. Accordingly, Lingve will inform of any changes with an appropriate announcement on the Website.